BRCGS Food Issue 9 - Conversion for Sites
BRCGS Food Issue 9 - Conversion for Sites
The BRCGS Food Safety Management System, a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) approved scheme, is recognized worldwide. BRCGS Certification is designed to verify food products that meet consistent high levels of safety and quality.
BRCGS Conversion course: Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9: Conversion for Sites
This course will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the revisions of the Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9, as well as a review of audit protocol. It is designed to equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to successfully implement the changes to the Standard on site.
Need support from our training team?
- Course Details
- Identify the aims of the BRCGS scheme
- Explain how to meet the requirements of the Standard
- Describe what to expect from your BRCGS audit
- Recognize the changes to the protocol of the Standard
- Utilize and understand the benefits of the BRCGS resources
- Identify and explain the changes to the Standard from Issue 8
Who Should Attend:
- Technical Managers and personnel
- Quality Managers and personnel
- Importers and exporters of food products
- Foodservice staff
- Operations Managers
- Internal audit personnel
- Current BRCGS Auditors
- Those interested in becoming a BRCGS Auditor
Before attending this course you must read and review the Issue 9 Standard, which will be available from the BRCGS Bookshop in August 2022.
Q - What is GFSI, or GFSI audits?
A - The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is an industry-driven initiative providing thought leadership and guidance on food safety management systems necessary for safety along the supply chain. Their work is accomplished through collaboration between leading food safety experts from retail, manufacturing and food service companies, as well as international organizations, governments, academia and service providers to the global food industry. They meet together at technical working group and stakeholder meetings, conferences and regional events to share knowledge and promote a harmonized approach to managing food safety across the industry.
The mission of GFSI is to provide continuous improvement in food safety management systems to ensure confidence in the delivery of safe food to consumers worldwide.
What GFSI does:
- Specify for the recognition of food safety management schemes (SQF, BRCGS, FSSC22000, etc.) to defined requirements in its Guidance Document.
- Drives global change through multi-stakeholder projects on strategic issues (eg. auditor competence, regulatory affairs, food safety for small suppliers).
- SCS Global Services offers training courses in GFSI schemes (SQF, BRCGS, Global GAP, Primus) as well as auditing services to verify compliance with the requirements of the individual schemes. A third party audit by an accredited Certification Body such as SCS is necessary to become certified to a GFSI scheme. GFSI is not affiliated with any regulatory agency.
Q - How do various GFSI audits compare to the FSMA regulations?
A - FSMA PREVENTIVE CONTROLS PREPAREDNESS MODULE AND GUIDANCE FOR BRCGS-CERTIFIED FACILITIES
Q - How do I become an Auditor?
A - Each GFSI Scheme (SQF, BRCGS, FSSC22000, PrimusGFS, GLOBALG.A.P.) has requirements. Some SCS courses fulfill these, but some are only offered by the individual program. Most offering the training needed to become an Auditor. SCS offers some training for PrimusGFS Auditor, BRCGS Lead Auditor Training. Most schemes want auditors to have the basic trainings like Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI), HACCP, and the relevant basic scheme courses. More info here.
These discounts can be applied at checkout when you register through SCS Learning Hub, our online training registration portal.
- For All Registrants: If you are registering for multiple trainings, you can receive a $25.00 off your total when you apply the following code at checkout: MULTIFSCOURSES
- For Administrators: If you are registering multiple attendees for a training, you can use the discount code to receive $25.00 off your total: MULTIATTENDEE
Disclaimer: Only one discount code applicable at checkout