SCS is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to conduct GLOBALG.A.P. audits for any producer of primary agricultural products including fruits and vegetables, combinable crops, and hops. SCS is also approved to conduct the Tesco module, which is now an add on to GLOBALG.A.P.’s Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) standard
SCS offers certification to the Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) Standard, Harmonized Produce Safety Standard (HPSS), and Produce Safety Standard (PSS). The following certification options apply to all standards.
- Option 1: Certification for Single Site and Multi-site - For individual producers of single-site or multi-site operations with or without an implemented Quality Management System (QMS).
- Option 2: Group Certification - for small producers seeking recognition under one group certificate, and for multi-site operations operating under a unified QMS and internal auditing procedure.
- GLOBAL GAP Integrated Farm Assurance is a globally harmonized scheme for Good Agricultural Practices with food safety and environmental components. SCS certifies to the Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) Standard for Fruits and Vegetables and approved for Combinable Crops, Hops, and Tesco. The scheme consists of the following control points and compliance criteria.
- Food safety
- Food traceability
- Environmental sustainability (including biodiversity)
- Worker operational health and safety
Members can choose add-ons to further differentiate their operations.
- GLOBALG.A.P. Harmonized Produce Safety Standard is a subset of IFA, covering food safety and food traceability essentials for fruits and vegetables. HPSS is similar to GAP audits in the US market and is GFSI.
SCS can walk you through a pre-assessment process. Pre-assessment is a non-scored mock audit designed to assess the level of your preparedness for a certification audit. Ask about combining a pre-assessment with your initial audit for greater efficiency.
In addition to GLOBALG.A.P. certification, SCS offers a full suite of food safety and food quality testing and certification services to help you satisfy customer requests. Combine GLOBALG.A.P. Certification with Organic Certification, Certified Sustainably Grown or Fair Trade Certification, for added operational and cost efficiency.