- Apply for Certification
- Complete and submit an SCS Application Form for Content Claim Standard Certification) (create application?)
- SCS scopes project and prepares a Work Order with a timeline and quote.
- Client signs Work Order and returns to SCS to initiate project.
- Data Collection
- SCS auditor works with the client to collect necessary data according to the standard.
- SCS auditor schedules onsite audit with the client.
- Onsite Audit
- SCS Auditor observes operations on the farm, interviews workers, and examine records related to the requirements of the standard. The audit takes 1-2 days per farm site.
- Draft Assessment Report
- SCS auditor writes a draft assessment report that details the findings of the audit, which includes data analysis, non-conformities, and opportunities for improvement.
- SCS submits a quote for conducting the audit.
- Corrective Actions
- Client responds to any non-conformities with a Corrective Action Plan.
- Client may also make comments and responses to the information contained in the report and the conclusions drawn by the auditor.
- Certification Decision
- SCS conducts a final technical review of the assessment report and makes the final certification decision.
- If certification is granted, SCS issues to the client a certificate verifying compliance with the standard.
- Upon certification, the client is listed on the SCS website and will be introduced to the SCS marketing team to discuss marketing support of certification.
- Certification Maintenance and Renewal
- Certification is valid for three years.
- Annual onsite audits are required under the standard to maintain your certification. Audits may be scheduled to take place during times of higher risk (i.e. marking and shearing) at the discretion of the SCS.
Content Claim Standard
Demonstrate your claimed material’s integrity from input source to final product with a verified chain of custody.
The Content Claim Standard is a chain of custody standard that is the foundation of all Textile Exchange Standards. It is used to verify that one or more specific input materials is present in the final product by tracking the flow of the material through the supply chain. It provides companies with a tool to verify chain of custody principles, segregation of materials, tracking the flow of raw material from source to final product, and more.
Verifying through SCS Global Services is the most cost-effective certification solution for your organization’s supply chain. As an accredited third-party certification body through the Textile Exchange, SCS has extensive experience in textile supply chain verification and sourcing practices.
Why Choose SCS?
As an international leader in third-party certification, validation, and verification, SCS has highly qualified auditors experienced in textile supply chain verification and sourcing practices. Our team, equipped with deep knowledge of supply chain and sourcing practices, can step your organization through the complex process of certification. Once certified, our team provides additional marketing support to help promote your certification and sustainability achievements.
Need more information? Fill the form and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.