Develop Your Custom Sustainability Program
SCS Consulting helps you establish internal sustainability protocols and audit programs that protect the environment, reduce risk, and elevate your brand.
Your Trusted Partner for ESG Management System Development
As an organization built on a foundation of risk reduction and sustainability verification, we understand the need to have internal protocols, procedures, policies, training and auditing programs in place that support sustainability efforts as well as verification by third-party assurance providers. Our experienced staff bring expertise from working across multiple industries to establish management systems that underpin client sustainability commitments. As your trusted partner, we understand the nuances of each industry and what’s required for a reputable environmental management system (EMS).
SCS Consulting has decades of cross-sector experience crafting internal sustainability programs, and we understand the unique sustainability challenges in different industries. You’ll receive a custom-developed product and process specific to your exact needs through our process:
- Conduct a needs assessment and any mandatory ESG reporting requirements
- Review existing policies, training, audit procedures, and Code of Conduct
- Engage stakeholders on the needs of new programs
- Develop protocols aligned with company needs
- Develop necessary policies to support the protocol
- Design a robust audit program
- Pilot the newly-designed program
SCS puts our vast industry experience and internal processes to work so you have a reputable and robust internal sustainability management system. Our understanding of protocols, policies, and audit programs across all critical ESG topics allows for efficiencies in your work and ours, so we can focus on developing the most effective system for managing your critical ESG impacts. A typical development process includes:
- Understanding already established policies and processes
- Assessing needs and identifying risks through stakeholder interviews and understanding current and future mandatory reporting regulations (SEC, FAR, CSRD)¹
- Obtaining stakeholder input
- Leading strategy sessions to identify priority areas of focus
- Development of detailed protocol, policy, and audit documentation
- Training of new program for staff and suppliers
The SCS Consulting Advantage
More nimble than the Big 4 and more experienced than pop-up ESG consultancies, SCS Consulting Services is built on more than three decades of sustainability industry excellence and an unwavering commitment to scientific rigor, credibility, and transparency.
We're experts in the world of risk and assurance. It's what we do every day, and we thrive on developing an assurance program that best serves your business.
¹Securities and Exchange Commission, Federal Acquisition Regulation, Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive