SVLK verification is available to individual organizations and groups of associated organizations with timber operations in Indonesia, including forest managers, primary and secondary industry license holders, and companies holding valid NIB and SIUP. Organizations that operate solely in Indonesia as well as organizations elsewhere with supply chain links in Indonesia can seek verification with SCS.
SVLK Verification Options
- Natural Forest and Plantation Management Operations – Verification of legally required documents will be checked against on-the-ground practices through on-site audits. Associations of natural forest or plantation managers can be verified as a group.
- Manufacturers, Factories and Exporters – During on-site audits, SCS verifies the effectiveness of your procedures for tracking legal wood products throughout operations. Upstream suppliers and distributors may be included in the audit. Associations of wood product suppliers can be verified as a group.
Our SVLK Expertise and Complementary Services
SCS is a global expert in forest management certification and has already conducted numerous successful SVLK audits. In addition, SCS provides certification to the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) standards as well as verification services under all of the leading forest carbon offset schemes.
Public Summary of V-Legal Document Issuance
As part of public outreach on SVLK implementation and also to meet the requirements of the SVLK program, PT. SCS presents a public summary of V-Legal Documents issued for each client. The public summary is presented for each month presenting application of V-Legal Document, conforming application and non-conforming application for each client.
SVLK Accreditation Scopes
- Annex 2.2 – Standard of Timber Legality Verification for IUPHHK-HA, IUPHHK-HT, and Management Rights Holders.
- Annex 2.3 – Standard of Timber Legality Verification for IPK included IPPKH, HGU, and PHAT that the wood grows naturally.
- Annex 2.4 – Standard of Timber Legality Verification for Forest State Maintained by The Community (HTR, HKm, HD, HTHR).
- Annex 3.2 – Standard of Timber Legality Verification for Private (Right) Forest.
- Annex 4.2 – Standard of Timber Legality Verification for IUIPHHK Holder and IPKR.
- Annex 4.3 – Standard of Timber Legality Verification for IUI (Small Industry Business Permit, Medium Industry Business Permit, Large Industrial Business License).
- Annex 4.4 – Standard of Timber Legality Verification for TPT-KB and TPK-RT.
- Annex 4.5 – Standard of Timber Legality Verification for Companies holding NIB, and SIUP.
Suspension, Withdrawal and Termination
Reasons for suspension are:
- Unwillingness to follow a surveillance audit according to the appropriate SVLK-LK timescale procedures;
- Any non-conformities raised as the result of the special audit;
- the license holder totally failed to fulfill S-LK requirements
- A “TIDAK MEMENUHI/NOT COMPLY” of surveillance result and no improvement evidence recieved during improvement period (10 calendar days after closing meeting) an decision maker decided “TIDAK LULUS/FAILED”
- the license holder do not submit appeal decision result during appeal period;
- the license holder voluntarily propose for suspending LK certificate (S-LK);
- Other, but not limited to: unwillingness or inability to meet financial or contractual arrangements; misusing or damaging the integrity of PT SCS or relevant accreditation body trademarks; intentional violation of requirements; or association with fraud.
Reasons for withdrawal or termination are:
- license holder voluntarily propose for suspending LK certificate (S-LK);
- Unwillingness to follow a surveillance audit after the S-LK certificate is suspended for 3 months;
- Evidence by law in purchasing and/or receiving and/or storing and/or processing and/or selling illegal timber;
- Revocation of the business license of the certificate holder.
- legality document revoked by the government and declared invalid;
- disaster occured either intentional or unintentionally destroy the forest resource caused the forest is not feasible to managed;
Scope extention and deduction
Auditee who wish to extend or deduct it certification scope can contact PT SCS Indonesia.
PT. SCS can reject any application for SVLK certification that is not included in our accreditation scope and/or based on application review suspected a high risk for illegal activities.