This five-day in-depth course will provide an understanding of the Standard in terms of the protocol, requirements and how to audit effectively. Delegates will gain an in-depth guide to the requirements of the Standard, and learn how to undertake a BRCGS Global Standards audit, including effective planning, conducting and reporting of the audit. Auditing techniques will be practiced and developed, to include the auditor competency skills required of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) scheme auditors.
Successful completion of this course, including the exam, forms part of the training necessary to become a BRCGS Global Standards auditor. The steps necessary to complete your training must be arranged with a BRCGS Global Standards-approved certification body.
- Introduction to BRCGS Standard, Audit Format and Certification Process
- BRCGS Code Requirements Sections 1-9 and their Practical Application in the Food Industry
- BRCGS Auditor Protocol and Proficiencies including Verbal, Non-verbal, and Written Communications, as well as, Problem Solving and Ethics
- BRCGS Standard Management of Certification Bodies, BRCGS directory, and GFSI relationship
- Understand the background and benefits of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety.
- Understand the relationship with other Standards: ISO and the GFSI-benchmarked Standards.
- Know the fundamental clauses and statements of intent.
- Understand BRCGS Global Standards audit methodology, the enrollment program and the unannounced audit schemes.
- Know how to close an audit and deal with corrective actions.
- Know how reports are uploaded onto the BRCGS Global Standards Directory and how certificates are issued.
- Understand the benefits of a BRCGS Global Standards Directory listing.
- Understand how certification bodies are monitored for compliance by BRCGS Global Standards.
Who Should Attend:
- Certification body auditors or new auditors seeking registration;
- Technical and quality managers who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of the audit process;
Prerequisites: Delegates must have a prior working knowledge of quality management systems and auditing within the relevant manufacturing sector, and also have completed a hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) course of at least two days’ duration. Delegates should have read and reviewed a copy of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 prior to attending the course.
Live Webinar Training
Live webinar training by Lead Instructors approved for the BRCGS Lead Auditor training. 40 hours of training time over 5 days 8:30-4:30 PT. This “virtual” course utilizes distance learning methods, such as break-out sessions, on the web platform ZOOM.
Webinar Price: For pricing information, click the REGISTER button next to any Event
Classroom TrainingThis 5-day class includes interactive exercises and real-life case studies designed to equip your staff with a practical knowledge of the standard and certification process. SCS instructors are approved BRCGS Global Standards Trainers (ATP), auditors, and food safety and quality professionals with over 25 years of experience serving the US and European food industries.
Classroom Price: For pricing information, click the REGISTER button next to any Event
Contact Diane Dulmage
Training Services Account Manager
Contact Eddie Gomez
Director of Sales and Business Development, LATAM
Contact Eduardo Felipe
Business Development – North & East of Mexico
Contact Oscar Morales
Business Development; Central and South México
Live Webinar Sessions
BRCGS Lead Auditor TrainingMar 15 - Mar 198:30am-4:30pm PST