FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food Workshop
Become a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Prepare now and have confidence that your Food Safety Plan complies with FSMA’s Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCHF) rule.
- Save time and travel expenses by attending this blended learning event: 4-hour webinar in your office and the two-day live workshop delivered by FSPCA Lead Instructors.
- Satisfy the training requirement for the Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI).
- An official FSPCA Certificate of Completion is awarded to all who satisfactorily complete the 20 hour curriculum.
- An optional HACCP for Processors exam is offered and certificate issued by SCS for those who must comply with specific GFSI-HACCP training requirements (included in cost).
About the Workshop: This Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) designed workshop is the only standardized curriculum for the PCHF rule recognized by FDA as meeting the training requirements for the Qualified Individual.
Attendees are introduced to a step by step approach for identifying hazards and applying preventive controls. Interactive group exercises promote the practical application of the information delivered. Prerequisites and the newly revised GMPs are reviewed with a focus on the regulatory requirements for Preventive Controls, as well as basic HACCP principles.
Learn more about the Preventive Controls Rule for Human Food - Link to FAQ Link to FDA/FSMA Guidance
- March 15-16, 2017 (webinar 3/7) Register
Santa Ana, CA - FULL
- April 4-5, 2017 (webinar 3/31) Register
- May 11-12, 2017 (webinar 5/8) Register
- June 1-2, 2017 (webinar 5/30) Register
- July 19-20, 2017 (webinar 7/17) Register
Santa Ana, CA
- Contact: Diane Dulmage, Training Manager
- Option - you may sign up for any of the webinar dates after registering
Registration Fees: $795/person. Discounts apply for early bird, multiple attendee and multiple course registrations.
Fees include: Webinar, instructor-led training, course materials, lunch FSPCA official Certificate of Completion and SCS Certificate of Completion.
- Understand the requirements necessary to comply with the Preventive Controls Rule,
- Completion of this workshop satisfies the FDA training requirement for the Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI), and
- Meets GFSI standard training requirement for a 16 hour examinable HACCP course.
Instructors: This course is led by trained FSPCA Lead Instructors with knowledge of the all FSMA requirements including the Foreign Supplier Verification Program and other FSMA requirements. All SCS instructors are highly qualified food safety and quality professionals with experience in diverse sectors of the food supply chain from farm to fork.
Agenda – 4 hour webinar + 2 days in person training
Pre-Course Webinar (Mandatory) – week prior to live training
- Introduction to Course and Preventive Controls
- Food Safety Plan Overview
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Other Prerequisite Programs
- Resources for Food Safety Plan
Day One – in person
- Biological food Safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical, and Economically Motivated Food Safety Hazards
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Control Determination
- Process Preventive Controls
- Food Allergen Preventive Controls
Day Two – in person
- Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Supply Chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Record-keeping Procedures
- Recall Plan
- Regulation Overview – cGMP, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food
- * Examination – Optional (satisfies GFSI training requirement for a 16 hr examinable HACCP course)