Good Distribution Practices (GDPs) describe the minimum standards that a distributor must meet to ensure that the quality and safety of food is maintained throughout the supply chain.
There are incidents that can happen during the distribution of food that can affect the food safety. Product can be physically damaged, temperature abused, exposed to unsanitary conditions and numerous other undesirable conditions that can and do result in increased risk of microbiological, chemical, or physical hazards. Developing and implementing consistent food safety best practices throughout the distribution operation – from truck to warehouse to delivery – is key to mitigating food safety and quality risks through the point of use by consumers.
This training provides an overview of the Good Distribution Practices for warehouse and distribution operations. This training covers the best practices for:
- Site location and approval
- Site Operations
- Personnel Hygiene and Welfare
- Personnel Processing Practices
- Water, Ice and Air Supply
- Receipt, Storage and Transport
- Separation of Functions
- Waste Disposal
- Product Recall Program
- HACCP Principles
- Identify the hazards and assess risks
- Describe Good Distribution Practices and how to apply them in your facility
- Personnel hygiene, sanitation, pest control, preventive maintenance programs and more
- Recognize the importance of traceability and the components of a recall program
- Define and describe HACCP preliminary steps and principles
Who Should Attend:
Warehouse and distribution personnel, supervisors and managers and any industry members needing a better understanding or a refresher of GDPs.
Prerequisites: None. This is a basic food safety training.
Live Webinar Training
Live, interactive webinar delivered by SCS industry professionals over two consecutive training days, 4-hours per day.
Webinar Price: For pricing information, click the REGISTER button next to any Event
instructor-led training, course materials, and Certificate of Completion.
Classroom Price: For pricing information, click the REGISTER button next to any Event
instructor-led training, downloadable presentation, and Certificate of Completion.
Contact Diane Dulmage
Training Services Account Manager
Contact Eddie Gomez
Director of Sales and Business Development, LATAM
Contact Eduardo Felipe
Business Development – North & East of Mexico
Contact Oscar Morales
Business Development; Central and South México