Earning certification under this standard will demonstrate industry leadership in tackling issues of concern to consumers and stakeholders, and benefit diamond industry participants in several ways:
- Accreditation to use the Certified Sustainability Rated Diamond label. Whether the diamond originates in a mine, is produced in a laboratory, or is recycled, having a unified claim provides a comparable level of assurance to consumers.
- Eligibility to make a Climate Neutral claim, when benchmarks are achieved.
- A Certification Report that provides technical substantiation of all claims, describing every aspect of sustainability, and the evidence used as the basis of the certification.
- Marketing assets for use on company webpages, in advertising, and in corporate marketing materials, conformant SCS and regulatory guidelines.
- Built-in continuous improvement roadmap to demonstrate ongoing leadership, toward Zero Impact Production and true sustainability.
- Highest confidence throughout the chain of custody based on use of proven testing and traceability technologies and practices.