SQF Code Edition 7.2 (Ed. 7.2) is designed for use by all sectors of the food industry, from primary production, manufacturing, and processing to transport, storage, distribution and retailing. Ed. 7.2 applies to all industry sectors and replaces Code Ed. 7.1.
SQF is a HACCP-based standard for control of food quality and food safety. The scope of SQF certification is site- and product-specific. Compliance with the following mandatory system elements is required for certification: management commitment, document control and records, specification and product development, food safety fundamentals and plans, SQF system verification, product identification, trace, withdrawal and recall, food defense, identity preserved foods, and training.
GFSI-level Harmonized GAP audits within Module 7H are available at no additional charge.
SCS can help you pursue the appropriate level of SQF certification. GFSI recognizes Level 2 and Level 3 certificates:
- Level 1 - Food Safety Fundamentals: Entry level for new and developing businesses covering only GAP/GMP/GDP requirements and basic food safety elements.
- Level 2 - Food Safety Plan: Recognizes suppliers that have implemented a HACCP food safety plan in addition to meeting Level 1 requirements.
- Level 3 - Comprehensive Food Safety and Quality Plan: Recognizes suppliers that have implemented a HACCP food quality plan in addition to Level 1 and Level 2 system elements.
Audits are required every 6-12 months to maintain certification; frequency is based on the audit score rating.
SCS can walk you through a pre-assessment process. Pre-assessment is a non-scored mock audit designed to assess the level of your preparedness for a certification audit. Ask about combining a pre-assessment with your initial audit for greater efficiency.
In addition to SQF audits, SCS offers a full suite of food safety and food quality testing. Combine SQF Certification with Organic Certification, Certified Sustainably Grown or Fair Trade Certification, for added operational and cost benefits.
SCS Global Services offers IHA Accredited HACCP Training, including on-site courses, webinars and customized trainings, throughout the year in North America. Our expert trainers can tailor their curricula to meet your needs.
- Sign up for one of our upcoming Safe Quality Food (SQF) or GFSI training courses.
- Ask about our comprehensive HACCP training for in-house practitioners, managers and consultants.
- Find out about our food safety webinars.