PrimusGFS 3.2 Standard Workshop
PrimusGFS 3.2 Standard Workshop
PrimusGFS is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized audit scheme for the certification of fresh produce products. Produce growers, packers and processors of fresh-cut produce as well as food safety professionals will benefit when attending this workshop.
Need support from our training team?
- Course Details
- Explain the general regulations and technical requirements of the PrimusGFS Certification Standard.
- Review risk assessment plans from the HACCP and FSMA perspectives.
- Know components of a Food Safety Management System (FSMS), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Identify potential non-conformances
- Develop and report corrective actions
Who Should Attend:
Those interested in learning about certification under the PrimusGFS Standard for the growing, packing, minimal processing and produce storage operations.
None. This is a basic food safety training.
Q - What is GFSI, or GFSI audits?
A - The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is an industry-driven initiative providing thought leadership and guidance on food safety management systems necessary for safety along the supply chain. Their work is accomplished through collaboration between leading food safety experts from retail, manufacturing and food service companies, as well as international organizations, governments, academia and service providers to the global food industry. They meet together at technical working group and stakeholder meetings, conferences and regional events to share knowledge and promote a harmonized approach to managing food safety across the industry.
The mission of GFSI is to provide continuous improvement in food safety management systems to ensure confidence in the delivery of safe food to consumers worldwide.
What GFSI does:
- Specify for the recognition of food safety management schemes (SQF, BRC, FSSC22000, etc.) to defined requirements in its Guidance Document (currently issue 6).
- Drives global change through multi-stakeholder projects on strategic issues (eg. auditor competence, regulatory affairs, food safety for small suppliers).
- SCS Global Services offers training courses in GFSI schemes (SQF, BRC, Global GAP, Primus) as well as auditing services to verify compliance with the requirements of the individual schemes. A third party audit by an accredited Certification Body such as SCS is necessary to become certified to a GFSI scheme. GFSI is not affiliated with any regulatory agency.
Q - How do I become an Auditor?
A - Each GFSI Scheme (SQF, BRCGS, FSSC22000, PrimusGFS, GLOBALG.A.P.) has requirements. Some SCS courses fulfill these, but some are only offered by the individual program. Most offering the training needed to become an Auditor. SCS offers some training for PrimusGFS Auditor, BRCGS Lead Auditor Training. Most schemes want auditors to have the basic trainings like Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI), HACCP, and the relevant basic scheme courses. More info here.
These discounts can be applied at checkout when you register through SCS Learning Hub, our online training registration portal.
- For All Registrants: If you are registering for multiple trainings, you can receive a $25.00 off your total when you apply the following code at checkout: MULTIFSCOURSES
- For Administrators: If you are registering multiple attendees for a training, you can use the discount code to receive $25.00 off your total: MULTIATTENDEE
Disclaimer: Only one discount code applicable at checkout