Earning certification under this standard will benefit diamond industry participants in several ways:
- Eligibility to use the Certified Sustainable Diamond label, or a claim of Transition to Sustainability, depending on the level of achievement. Whether the diamond originates in a mine, is produced in a laboratory, or is reclaimed, this unified claim provides a comparable level of assurance to consumers.
- A Certification Report that provides technical substantiation of all claims, describing every aspect of sustainability, and the evidence used as the basis of the certification.
- Supportive market claims and language for use on company webpages, in advertising, and in corporate marketing materials, conformant with regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in tackling issues of concern to stakeholders
- Built-in continuous improvement roadmap, leading toward expanded, across-the-board claims of Zero Net Impact – true sustainability!
- Highest confidence throughout the chain of custody based on use of proven testing and tracking technologies and practices.