Today, the Business Intelligence Group announced the winners in the 2018 Sustainability Awards program. The Sustainability Awards honor those who have made sustainability an integral part of their business practice. For-profit and not-for-profit organizations of all sizes submitted nominations to reward team members and gain exposure for the organization, its initiatives, and the exemplary accomplishments of its leaders as they work to reduce their impact on our environment.
“Sustainability has become integral to so many, but these nominees delivered on their individual promises and corporate goals,” said Maria Jimenez, Chief Nominations Officer, Business Intelligence Group. “We are so proud to reward and recognize all of our winners and finalists, as they provide the leadership and vision needed to protect our environment.”
The 2018 Sustainability Award winners are:
Sustainability Heros (Executive)
- Shogo Ikeuchi, CSO, CHRO, and Senior Managing Corporate Executive Officer of Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Josh Onishi - CEO and President of Peace Dining Corporation
- Harlan Stone - Group CEO, Metroflor/Halstead
Sustainability Champion (Nonexecutive)
- Jeff Freeman - Senior Manager, Global Sustainability, Cimpress
Sustainability Initiative of the Year (Project)
- Belkin for their company-wide sustainability initiatives
- Bridgestone Americas for Tires4ward
- Covestro LLC for the THINC30 Summit: Transforming, Harnessing, Innovating, Navigating and Collaborating for a purpose-driven, sustainable future by 2030.
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority for Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum (MBR) Solar Park
- Keystone Policy Center Monarch Collaborative and Farmers for Monarchs
- P&G for P&G Family Care
- Thai Union for Digital Traceability Pilot Project
Sustainability Leadership Award (Organization)
- Agilent Technologies
- Daishowa-Marubeni International, Peace River Pulp Division
- Danone North America, including Danone Canada
- Digital Realty
- DOW Silicones Deutschland GmbH
- Hilton Software
- IWC Schaffhausen
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Pivot Bio
- Resolute Forest Products
- SCS Global Services
- Thai Union
- The Maple Guild
- Tyromer Inc.
- Xylem Inc.
Sustainability Product of the Year (Product)
- Anuvia Plant Nutrients
- Asia Pulp & Paper for Foopak Bio Natura
- Barclays & Greenstone for the Initiatives Savings Module
- Dow for VORAGUARD™
- Ecoppia E4 Robotic Solar Cleaning Solution
- Pivot Bio
- Syntellix AG for MAGNEZIX®
- Seed Phytonutrients
- The Saatva Company – online eco-friendly mattresses
- Enablon (Wolters Kluwer)
- Zubex Industrial ZUBIOX®
Sustainability Service of the Year (Service)
- Novelis and Discovery Education for Life of a Can
- Mazzetti for Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford
- Crothall Healthcare
- Study Sapuri, Quipper - Recruit Group
The judges also named several finalists including Dr. Darian McBain, Thai Union; Programa Glass is Good®; Metroflor Corporation; ModusLink Green Initiative; Evoqua Water Technologies; DESIGNTEX; HARMAN International; Disk Archive ALTO; Buckman Vybrant® Enzymatic Technology; Dow DuPont Specialty Products Division, Performance Building Solutions GREAT STUFF PRO Gasket; and Recruit Group's Geppo.
About Business Intelligence Group
The Business Intelligence Group was founded with the mission of recognizing true talent and superior performance in the business world. Unlike other industry award programs, business executives—those with experience and knowledge—judge the programs. The organization’s proprietary and unique scoring system selectively measures performance across multiple business domains and then rewards those companies whose achievements stand above those of their peers.
SCS Media ContactLinda Brown | Senior Vice President
SCS Global Services To find out more, contact Linda Brown, or call 510.452.8010.