Certification applies to the entire supply chain from refiners and manufacturers to fabricators, jewelers and retailers. Product categories include fine metals, alloyed metals, gemstones, findings and jewelry.
- Recycled Metals, Gemstones and Jewelry: Ensures all materials are derived from recycled sources
- Conflict-Free: Avoids conflict metals, gemstones and materials from questionable and illegal sources
- Labor Protections: Ensures that the workplace meets health and safety criteria, and that workers are treated fairly according to internationally recognized labor standards
- Ethical Sourcing and Supplier Risk Management: Introduces supply chain risk management tools to improve sourcing strategies and prevent destructive environmental practices
- Environmental Impact Assessment: Based on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) practices, SCS establishes basic environmental performance standards, and provides a clear pathway for continuing improvement over time
- RS Gemstones and Gemstone Parcels Standard finalized in early 2015
SCS provides ongoing program support, including on-going staff assistance, marketing and promotional support, and information about new or revised requirements. You will receive information about the logo approval system and use of SCS trademarks for both on-product and off-product promotions.