The Bonsucro certification standard is available to any sugarcane producer, sugar and ethanol mill, or any downstream processor of sugar, biofuels and other derivative products such as bioplastics. Integrated mills can target both sugar and biofuel markets, meeting sustainability requirements of both supply chains.
Bonsucro Production Criteria
- Legal compliance
- Respect human rights and labor standards
- Manage input, production and processing efficiencies to enhance sustainability
- Actively manage biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Continuously improve key areas of the business
- Environmental and social impact assessment for greenfield expansion and new sugarcane projects
Bonsucro Chain-of-Custody Criteria
- Identification, traceability and verification of sustainability characteristics
- Control of mass balance system
- Control of consignments, mixes of consignments, and splitting of consignments from mixtures
SCS Global Services offers complementary sustainable agriculture and biofuel certification services, which include ISCC certification and RSB certification for sustainable biomass, third-party certification for Fair Trade USA, and GlobalG.A.P..