Food Safety Plan Development
This 2-day HACCP training focuses on developing a preventative approach for controlling hazards and staying in compliance with new industry and regulatory requirements. It covers food safety prerequisites, GMPs and HACCP principles.
This course is International HACCP Alliance (IHA) accredited and is a prerequisite for taking GFSI level training such as SQF or BRC.
- May 4-5: San Jose, CASign Up
- June 8-9: Burbank, CA Sign Up
- June 18-19: (Chandler) Phoenix, AZSign Up
- August 3-4: Emeryville, CASign Up
- September 14-15: Fullerton, CASign Up
- October 5-6: Bakersfield, CASign Up
- November 16-17: Emeryville, CASign Up
- December 14-15: Burbank, CASign Up
Fees:Cost varies by sign-up date and number of attendees- see registration link
Fees include: training, course materials, lunch and certificate
Participants learn how to identify and prevent food safety hazards, establish control measures, limits and monitoring procedures, write and update a HACCP plan, document and verify results, and to prepare for audits. We review and compare HACCP to the new FSMA regulatory requirements for HARPC (Hazard Analysis & Risk-based Preventative Controls).
- The Impact of Food Safety Safey- History, GFSI, FSMA & HARPC
- Identify and Control Hazards - Microorganisms
- Understand Good Manufacturing Practices
- Personnel - The Human Factor, SOPs
- Plant and Grounds
- Sanitary Operations - Pest Control, Cleaning vs. Sanitizing, SSOP
- Sanitary Facilities and Controls - Water Supply, Plumbing, Sewage
- Equipment and Utensils - Temperature Monitoring
- Processes and Controls - Quality Control Systems
- Warehousing and Distribution - Transportation
- Natural or Unavoidable Defects - Defect Action Levels
- Additional Prerequisite Programs - Traceability, Allergen Control
- Food Defense
- Implementing HACCP - 12 Steps, 7 Principles, Validation
- Root Cause Analysis - 4 Steps, the 5 Why Method
- Recap HACCP
- Group HACCP Exercises - developing a plan for a specific product/commodity
- Group Presentations and Critiques
- Exam and Presentation of Certificates
Who Should Attend
Supervisors, managers and anyone needing to understand HACCP guidelines. Line workers will benefit as well, but we can provide a 1-day training covering GMPs and an overview of HACCP if needed.
Industries: food manufacturers, distributors, grower/packaging + fresh-cut operations, and beverage suppliers.