As the final link in the value chain to consumers, retailers and restaurants are on the frontlines of food safety and quality assurance. To protect your reputation and limit your liability from food safety incidents and recalls, your quality assurance department needs to have the most competent and capable resources at its disposal.
SCS has been providing independent food safety and HACCP (hazard analysis critical control point) training and management consulting for retailers since 1988, and provides a full suite of QA services unmatched by any competitor:
- Food Safety Audits - Food safety and security auditing and certification services for supply chain- GFSI (SQF, BRC, GlobalG.A.P.), Tesco Nurture, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
- Training - Customized food safety and security training, inspections
- HACCP Plan - HACCP management plan development and verification for retail QA team
- Pesticides and Organic - Retail loading dock, cooler and distribution center-based testing programs to monitor pesticide residue levels and verify organic claims
- Contaminants - Customized analytical testing services for metals, industrial chemicals, and other contaminants of concern
- Shelf-life - Shelf-life studies under various storage and display conditions